DAWN'S TOFU-EGGPLANT PARMESAN
Makes 4 servings
1 Pkg Extra Firm tofu
1 Pkg. Trader Joe’s breaded eggplant
3 Slices provolone cheese
1 Jar of your favorite marinara sauce.
½ Cup flour
1 Cup Progresso Italian bread crumbs
1. Cut tofu about 1/4 inch slices across width. Cut each slice in 2.
2. In large skillet heat 2 tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil at med-high
3. Dip tofu in flour, egg and bread crumbs and place in skillet. Brown on each side and place on plate.
4. Eggplant can be cooked frozen. Place in skillet (may need to add more oil) and brown.
5. In an 8X8 Corningware baking dish, place a layer of tofu, then a layer of eggplant. Cover with layer of provolone slices and marinara sauce.
6. Place a layer of tofu, then a layer of eggplant.
7. Top with another layer of marinara sauce and grated parmesan.
8. Bake uncovered at 350 F for 20 minutes.